Terms of Business for Truro Dog Walkers.
1. The Client is solely responsible for any and all harm or damage caused by their dog while it is under the care of Truro Dog Walkers and agrees to indemnify Truro Dog Walkers in full against any liability arising from such harm or damage to third parties.
2. The Client agrees that, in admitting their dog, Truro Dog Walkers has relied on the Client’s representation that their dog is in good health and has not harmed or shown aggression or threatening behaviour toward any person or any other dog.
3. All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Cass prior to using Truro Dog Walkers. Cass reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
4. The Client agrees to notify Cass of any unwelcome, aggressive, procreative, or dangerous behaviour of their dog that has potential to cause harm to any other dog or individual.
5. Truro Dog Walkers offer services where dogs co-mingle in groups and the Client accepts that during the course of normal dog play their dog may sustain injuries. All dog play is carefully monitored to avoid injury, but scratches, punctures, torn ligaments, or other injuries may occur despite the best supervision.
6. Cass will only let dogs off the lead once an ‘off the lead consent form’ has been signed, and will remain at the discretion of Truro Dog Walkers staff.
7. The Client is responsible for the full cost of treatment of any injuries or illness that their dog receives while under the care of Truro Dog Walkers, together with any associated costs e.g. call-out charges. The Client authorizes the staff of Truro Dog Walkers to seek such veterinary advice and/or treatment as they deem necessary; where possible this will be carried out by the Client’s usual/preferred Vet, but this cannot be guaranteed (e.g. in an emergency) and the Client accepts that the staff of Truro Dog Walkers may at their discretion use any registered Vet. The Client agrees to pay all such costs upon pick-up of their dog, or by agreement with the proprietor.
8. Truro Dog Walkers reserves the right to refuse admission if the Client fails to provide adequate proof of vaccinations (including bordetella), or the vaccinations are found to be expired or otherwise incomplete. Your dog will also need to be receiving treatment for fleas, worms and ticks.
9. Bitches in season or pregnant need to be told asap to Cass at Truro Dog Walkers.
10. The Client accepts that even though their dog is vaccinated against Bordetella (Kennel Cough) there is a chance that their dog can still contract Kennel Cough. The Client agrees that they will not hold Truro Dog Walkers responsible if their dog contracts Kennel Cough while attending.
11. The Client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious, or otherwise communicable diseases. The Client further agrees to notify Truro Dog Walkers immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include, but are not limited to: Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, worms, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. Truro Dog Walkers reserves the right to refuse walking your dog until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
12. The Client consents to their dog being photographed, videotaped, and/or used in any media or advertising by Truro Dog Walkers without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Truro Dog Walkers.
13. The Client agrees that Truro Dog Walkers is not responsible for any lost, stolen, or damaged leads, collars, tags, clothing or any other item left with their dog.
14. The Client agrees to ensure their dog has not eaten in the hour before pick up by Truro Dog Walkers to ensure sufficient time to digest food before any exercise or play. Failure to do so may result in the potentially life-threatening condition Bloat (Gastric Torsion).
15. The Client agrees to provide keys/arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment; failure to do so will result in a cancellation for that day’s service and will be paid in full by the client.
16. The Client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Truro Dog Walkers in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
17. The client agrees that entry to collect your dog is safe and free from an overgrown garden and obstacles, moss or dog poo.
18. Payments are to be paid on the day of invoice by bank transfer or left in cash on the last walk of the week unless you have spoken to Cass in advance.
19. By law your dog must have a tag with your phone number on it and be microchipped.
20. The client understands that Truro dog walkers could be early or late due to unforeseen circumstances such as traffic, weather or an emergency.
21.The client understands that some serious weather conditions mean there might not be a walk. Such as big storms, snow or if it’s very hot.
22. Truro Dog Walkers has the right to take your dog to any location for a walk and could mean that they might need to stay on a lead.